Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shrinky Dinky


So seriously who remembers shrinky dinks? I loved making those things when I was a kid. So when I saw some kits at the stores I bought a couple. After purchasing them to give to my daughter I wondered do I really want a bunch of shrinky dinks all over my house. My youngest is only a year old. Here are some great ideas of what else you can do with them so they don't end up everywhere in the house.
Keychains - punch hole and add a chain (available at hobby/craft stores).
Necklace - punch hole and add chain or ribbon.
Gift Decorations - take a bow for a present, punch holes in the shrinky dink and tie to bow. If using a gift bag then punch hole in shrinky dink cut ribbon in assorted lengths. Tie ribbon to shrinky dinks and bag.
Action figures - Use cardboard for this one. Cut board in dome shape then cut slit in middle. Slide the dink into the slit. Use an old sandwich box or shoe box for storage.
Fridge Magnet - You will need to buy magnet strip with a sticky side (available at most stores & hobby stores). Easy enough. Cut magnet strip to fit on back off shrinky dink. Untape & stick. Let it sit an hour then stick to fridge.
Or you can look for kits like the Barbie one I bought. I actually divided it up to use as party favors.
If you punch holes and are using a hole punch then do it before baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment