Monday, December 7, 2009

Snowing in Texas

Last week it actually did. Nothing stuck to the ground. To make the snow last here in Texas Em and I made a snowglobe. We took an old baby food jar, silicone sealer (like for kitchens or bathrooms), a tiny toy, glitter and baby oil. (You can also substitute silicone for hot glue and baby oil for mineral oil or water.)

The night before I let her pick out the toy and I sealed it to the inside of the lid.
Em chose her own glitter/snow colors; red and silver. I measured out the baby oil.
I allowed her to put the glitter in the baby food jar and then pour the baby oil in.
I finished the snow globe by sealing the lid to the baby food jar. If you do this craft allow the jar to sit over night upside down.

This will ensure the seal is dry before turning it over to shake. Happy Snowy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment